Red is the best

Pages

Sunday, May 14, 2017

My Graduation Speech



          Hey guys. Before I start I just want to let you all know I'm not going to be all formal because that sorta gives me an awkward feeling and restricts what I really want to say.  Now that that's clarified I'll begin.

          I came to Golf in 6th grade about 3 days late, so that didn't give me any confidence whatsoever. I didn't know anybody either so that didn't help. Mrs. Feinstein knew that, of course, so she led me outside to meet Kylie. I guess you can say Kylie was the first person that I met at Golf. Kylie was nice, as usual, and she introduced me to everyone who had come over to say "Hello." Thanks to her, I got to know a majority of the people at this school and some of my good friends. From then on I went to make more of my friends on my own that are still my good friends today. I think the thing I enjoyed most that year was volleyball. The team was mostly 7th graders but a select few 6th graders ended up making the team. (Yes, I'm bragging, sue me.)

         Fast forward a year, 7th grade began. Although this year was deathly boring I need to say something about it so I guess friends got closer than they were before and some just drifted from each other and that's life. People will come and go in your life but what can you do. Also camp MacLean was fun. Okay now that that's out of the way we can move onto 8th grade. 

        There's a lot of things I want to say about 8th grade. I guess I'll start off by saying this year was probably my favorite year of all time. I made some good memories from the beginning of the year all the way up until now, which is about the end of the year. My favorite memories are mostly from of Battle of the books, the girls volleyball team, some of my favorite classes, and most of all my great friends and classmates. Battle of the books was always fun during meetings and usually was just us all having a good time. We'd eat and talk about the randomest things, such as pokémon. I also remember the times where those who were interested came to Mrs. Joyner's room and would watch the latest season of Sherlock for those who hadn't caught up with it. 

        Another thing was math class, specifically my table which included Tarak, Selma, Zoey, Sebin, and Wajeeh. Our table would always find was to chat up a storm with Mr. Carro from what was a square or disliking the letter n to naming people foods. We'd tease Mr. Carro and usually ended up being teased back which was alright because we always ended up laughing. I won't go much into detail with the foods thing but I will say a certain someone at our table has given Mr. Carro the name "Papaya" because he supposedly looks like one.  

        Social studies is always fun because Mr. Carris is teaching it. We all really missed him when he was out for a while but were so happy when he finally came back. We can talk about almost anything and it wouldn't be dull, such as the bay of pigs. 8/10 times you'll hear Hapipa and Noor doing whatever they do but most the time they're muted by our random conversations that start for no reason.

        Now these classes wouldn't be fun without the students in them. Even though I can give a bit of an attitude when it comes to you guys, I would never trade you for another class. You guys are the funniest, weirdest, and most chill people I've met. You guys make coming to school enjoyable and there's never a dull moment, even when writing essays. Ok well maybe writing essays is dull but that's only because it's an essay, y'know? Whatever you get my point. Anyways I would also like to appreciate all my friends who helped me get through the year and were always there for me. They always know how to make me feel better and some are a little bit sassy when I forget to give them hugs but I love them very much. I know they'll stick up for me when needed and I'll be so sad to see them go one day. I'll most definitely miss you guys when we go to high school and I wish you the best of luck next year. Don't get into too much trouble and don't make fools of yourselves because we're going to be the youngest ones next year so it'll easy picking for the older kids.
        
       I could keep rambling about all of this but I think it's time I call it a day. Thanks for being in my class and making my 8th grade year not as bad as I thought it would be. Bye~!

1 comment: